9/26/2006

 

Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum:

The CD Posted by: Kevin Steele
Everyone here at RetroBlast is a big fan of Marvin Yagoda's famous "Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum," an amazing collection of vintage coin-op oddities located up in Farmington Hills, MI. Marvin's got a fantastic and eclectic collection of strange games, and his site even hosts the invaluable Online Pinball Repair Guides that I've personally used several times to troubleshoot my pinball machines.
Well, now Marvin's museum has inspired rockers Tally Hall, whose debut album is entitled, appropriately enough, "Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum."
(That's Marvin flying in from the top!)
Marvin Yagoda even has a spoken intro on track 3, "Welcome to Tally Hall." Listening to the CD, and especially track 3, convinced me that these guys are true fans of vintage coin-op. Their geek cred was confirmed, however, when I took a look at their web site's biography page, and saw their LEGO-portraits.

Marvin sent me a copy of the CD recently, and I've got to admit that I've really enjoyed it — it's as varied and quirky as his museum, a broad smattering of musical styles and unlike anything I've heard in a long time.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?